Wednesday, September 15, 2004

BUSH SUPPORTERS PROVEN TO BE ASSHOLES!

A Moulton woman, who says she lost her job for sporting a Kerry-Edwards political sticker on her car, will get a new job from John Kerry. Lynne Rene Gobbell, 41, who lives at 751 Lawrence County 511, said that the Democratic presidential nominee phoned her Tuesday to say that he read an article about her firing and "couldn't believe it." Kerry offered her a job with his campaign. "He told me that he was really sorry that I had lost my job and that he was real proud of me for standing up for what I believed in and for him," Gobbell said. "I was really shocked and shook up." Sunday's DAILY quoted Gobbell as saying that her employer, Philip A. Geddes, who owns Enviromate in Moulton, told her Thursday that she had to remove the sticker from her car. Another manager told her she could " 'either work for him or John Kerry,' " she said. "He (Kerry) read that Phil said that, and he said that 'you can let him know that as of today you're working for John Kerry; you're hired.' I told him it was hard to believe, but that it was wonderful."The sad irony of this is that her hiring will show up as a slight improvement in next month's unemployment report.
|
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search